Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Why Spring?

Spring is about growth... a time of rebirth, hope, and vitality... it's a forward and upward movement that creates energy and momentum. When we endeavour to make changes in our lives that improve our health and wellness, we not only revitalize our physical beings, but our mental, emotional, and spiritual selves thrive as well. We become stronger, more hopeful, and more open to the opportunities of the world in front of us.

I was inspired to become a Holistic Nutritionist and Lifestyle Coach because I’ve experienced first hand the benefits that come from taking control of your health and well-being (check out my "Meet Audrey" page at
www.springrenual.ca to read "My Story"). While healing your body, bringing your weight into a healthy range, and increasing your energy are certainly worthwhile and important benefits in and of themselves, the thing that really motivates me to want to help and support others to accomplish their health and weight goals is the knowledge that those changes can really be the gateway on the path to even more profound changes that can occur in one’s life and spirit.
It’s like the gears of a clock. Each wheel represents one aspect of ourselves – our bodies, minds, and spirits. When the energy winds down, and there’s nothing making the parts move, everything just sits motionless… stagnant. BUT, it takes movement in just one of the parts, and we’ll see movement in the other two areas as well. Whether that was even intended, it will happen. It doesn’t really matter which area you begin with, the energy becomes self-propagating.

The wheel I’ve chosen to focus on as my “ignition” is the body. By making changes both internally to improve my health and energy, as well as externally by losing weight, it triggered changes in the way I see myself, and the way I relate to the world and myself. My perception of the possibilities that exist for me has expanded. My confidence and openness to others has grown. And I’ve become highly attuned to how the body and mind influence each other to keep those wheels moving.

When clients come to me, they are usually frustrated with themselves and their bodies, are low on energy and struggle to believe that they can achieve the goals they have for themselves. I work with them to find opportunities to support their body to find balance, and give them tried & true strategies that when applied with mindful awareness help them overcome old habits and the challenging situations that life always brings. Over time - time and time again - they start to prove to themselves that in fact they CAN do this, they CAN achieve what is so important to them, and that’s when the magic happens. The spirit begins to grow and helps to further fuel the mind and body to keep the gears moving.

I love seeing this transformation in people… when Spring returns to the body, mind, and spirit, a whole new world becomes present for you, inside and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment